Rates are Council’s primary source of income, making up approximately 59% of our income each year.
Rates are used to provide essential services such as:
- helping to maintain parks and recreation facilities, roads, footpaths, street lighting, and sporting and health facilities
- providing library and community services, building control and town planning, environmental planning and conservation, street cleaning, city rangers, pest control and much more.
Take a look at our A-Z of Council Services for more information on what your rates go towards and how you can make the most of the services we provide.
Rates are calculated from property valuations supplied by the NSW Valuer General. The calculation of rates is tied to the valuation of your property, and the limits placed on councils in setting rates.
The NSW Valuer General has recently completed a review of all land values in the Shire. This review of land values is undertaken every three years with the new values to be used by Council for rating purposes from 1 July 2015. If you are a ratepayer you would have already received a new notice of valuation, from the Valuer General, advising the new value of their land.
Council recently facilitated community sessions with representatives from the Valuer General’s office. If you missed out on the sessions you can find out more by reading Land-Valuations-Frequently-Asked-Questions-(FAQs).pdf
Ratepayers can also enquire about their land values by contacting NSW Land & Property Information 1800 110 038 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is also available at: www.lpi.nsw.gov.au/land_valuation
Find out more about your rates
How do I pay my rates
? - If you decide to get your bill online you can go into a draw to win an iPad mini. You can also choose to have automatic instalments taken out of your bank account via Direct Debit.
Special rates and other charges
- including the Special Rate Variation (SRV), Waste Management, Stormwater Management and Water, Sewer and Drainage Charges.
- if you are having trouble paying your rates we offer assistance and support to get you back on track.
- we provide eligible pensioners with a 50% rebate off combined rates and domestic charges up to a maximum of $250 per year.
Visit our Rates - Frequently Asked Questions
page which contains information where to get copies of your rate notices, when rates and due and other important information.