Received a Parking Fine?

Parking fines are set by legislation administered by the RMS [NSW Department of Roads and Maritime Services].
The monetary value of parking fines is also set by legislation administered by RMS and NSW Treasury. Councils do not set or amend parking fine penalties.
WSC Council Rangers cannot withdraw a Notice once it has been issued or commenced. Council Rangers may take photographs of an offence to provide a record that an infringement was issued correctly. It is universal practice by enforcement agencies to take photos, for the purpose of evidence, in public places.   

Once a Notice has been issued or commenced, there is an appeals procedure that can be made to the State Debt Recovery Office [SDRO].  

The SDRO is a State Government agency that undertakes debt recovery activities on behalf of Government (State and Local) in NSW. Should you wish to review the fine, contact the NSW State Debt Recovery Office here. 

Paying the Fine

You must pay the fine within 21 days of it being issued.  You may pay by:
  • Internet (MasterCard and VISA Card accepted):
  • Phone: 1300 130 112 (MasterCard and VISA Card accepted)
  • Post: Attach a cheque or money order (with Penalty Notice number written clearly on the back) to the State Debt Recovery Office, PO Box 4444, Parramatta NSW 2124
  • In Person at any Post Office (bill pay)
Note:  Please note that payment must be made to the SDRO.  Council cannot accept payment of fines, either by mail or at the Customer Contact Centre.


You may appeal this fine by the following methods:
  • Submit a request to the SDRO
  • By electing to go to Court to have the matter heard
  • Other payment options
If you are having trouble paying the penalty amount, you will need to write to the State Debt Recovery Office. 

The SDRO can advise you on other payment options.  Visit the SDRO's website or write to:
The State Debt Recovery Office
PO Box 4444