Harvest Festival Central Coast
What is Harvest Festival Central Coast?
Central Coast Council is excited to be developing an inaugural ‘Harvest Festival Central Coast’ to be held on the June long weekend in 2017.
The proposed event would take place over the weekend, and would run across the Somersby, Peats Ridge, Mangrove Mountain, Kulnura and Yarramalong areas.
It will be a festival to celebrate the fantastic local produce and unique producers from across the Central Coast. The festival will incorporate various free activities, entertainment and experiences, as well as outdoor ticketed food experiences.
This will give visitors an opportunity to enjoy the local area and its surrounds, sit and talk with local farmers, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the natural environment around them. The event will bring a unique experience and entice people to stay the night, enjoy the surrounding tourist attractions, and increase overnight stays and economic value to the area.
How can you get involved?
Harvest Festival Central Coast will be developed with the input of local farmers, businesses and community groups. The festival program will be designed to encourage attendees to visit multiple event sites. These sites will have the opportunity to have local produce for sale, opportunities for fruit picking, music, art or other activities available at each location.
What these activities look like is up to you! Is there something unique about your farm or business that you would like to highlight or celebrate?
- If you live on a farm or property we want to encourage you to sell produce sourced from your land during the festival.
- Are you the owner of a wholesale producer or working farm? You could sell some produce direct to the public for the weekend, or host tours of your facility.
- Maybe you're an artist with a studio in the area? Why not open your doors and showcase some of your work for the weekend?
The possibilities are endless and we want to hear all your ideas.
All participating locals who register an event will receive an event pack from Council to help them set up their activity. The contents of this will be developed over the coming months and will likely include wayfinding signage, bespoke shopping bags and butchers paper, branded aprons for stall holders, price markers and produce list boards, 'Harvest Festival Central Coast' programs and posters, themed bunting and giveaway items.
Interested? The application process in now open.
- An information night was held on Thursday, 2 February. Download the prospectus that all attendees received HERE
- Expression of interest for event participation will open from Thursday, 2 February 2017. Download the EOI application form HERE
- Question can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The EOI for event participation will close Thursday, 16 February 2017
- All applications will be assessed and shortlisted according to the requirements of Harvest Festival Central Coast
- Shortlisted Applicants will be notified in late February 2017
- Shortlisted applicants will then effectively manage and deliver the proposed event of activity
Stay up to date
Make sure you follow our Instagram partner @thisisthecentralcoast
- they will be promoting the Harvest Festival Central Coast. along with all of the other great stories about our region.