Water Education in High Schools
Blueplanet is a Department of Education approved interactive website for high school students and teachers, providing information on water resources and water management. The site’s divided into Years 7 and 8, Years 9 and 10 and Years 11 and 12, covering local, state, national and international water education issues and examples.
Blueplanet aims to provide students, teachers and the community with:
- Information about water issues on the Central Coast
- Information directly linked to outcomes in the NSW Department of Education Curriculum for Science, Geography and Agriculture
- Interesting facts and trivia on water and the environment
- Links to related website including links to each area of the curriculum with notes on outcomes for students and teachers
- A teacher’s (log-in) section with teaching resources
- An area for students and schools to showcase projects
- Resources for students
- Case Studies and local area studies
- A Research Scaffold for students – how to use the site and research water topics for assignments
- A discussion forum for teachers and students to share ideas and questions.