Off the leash areas
Looking for somewhere you and your four legged friend can exercise unrestrained?
The Central Coast is home to a number of off leash parks, reserves and beautiful beaches where you can let your pups off their leads and enjoy the outdoors with the whole family!
Scroll through the below lists and why not try a new location with your dogs this weekend!
Please keep in mind 3 simple rules when in public (on or off lead) with your pals!
- Bateau Bay Reserve bounded by Avignon Avenue, Sabrina Avenue and Fishermans Bend
- Reserve off Moola Road, Buff Point (excluding the sports oval)
- Charmhaven Reserve, Lowana Avenue, Charmhaven
- Drainage easement, James Watt Drive, Chittaway Bay
- Lees Reserve, Wyong Road, Chittaway Bay
- Helen Reserve, Gascoigne Road, Gorokan
- Craigie Reserve, Donald Avenue, Kanwal
- Reserve adjacent to Colongra Bay Hall, Colongra Bay Road, Lake Munmorah
- Reserve, Tallowood Crescent, Ourimbah
- Council Reserve, Peppercorn Avenue and Ivory Crescent, Woongarrah
- Mataram Ridge Park (southern section), Woongarrah
Fenced off-leash exercise areas:
Please note: Tuggerah Dog Park will be closed for maintenance on the first and third Wednesdays of each month, between 7am-12pm.
While dogs are allowed on these beaches and reserves unleashed, as an owner you remain liable if the dog attacks another person or animal, or causes a nuisance to people on the beach.
On-the-spot fines can be issued for unregistered dogs or for a dog found defecating in a public place.
Take a look at our Park, Sport and Recreation page to find out what other facilities are available at these off the leash areas.
Find even more areas to enjoy with your dog in the southern suburbs of the Central Coast here