Council's income comes from several sources including rates, annual charges, user fees and charges, state and federal government grants and investment returns.  Rates make up 29% of Council's operating income.
Your rates help us to deliver community services and facilities such as our road network, sport and recreation facilities, environmental protection, libraries, life guards and much more.  A full list of capital works planned for the year and where our priority spend areas are can be found in the first Operational Plan of the Central Coast Council.

You can find out about the great services we offer on this website, just type your topic into the site search button and it will take you straight there.  =

Watch out for the rates newsletter set to hit letterboxes in the middle of July and read how council is using your rates to deliver the services and infrastructure you need and want.  

Receiving your rates notice

Council mails rates notices to the mailing address provided by your solicitor or conveyancer when you first purchase your property, or to the address you subsequently provide to us.  All requests to change address must be made in writing or you can download a change of address form

Receive your bill online - find out how to receive your bill online through BPayView or MyPost.  To register for either of these services you will need your latest rates and water accounts.

Find out more about your rates

Rates are issued in July each year and payable by 4 instalments due 31 August, 30 November, 28 February and 31 May.

How do I pay my rates? - There are many options to pay your rates, in one lot, have instalments deducted from your bank account via Direct Debit., find out the best option that works for you.

Special rates and other charges - including Waste Management, Stormwater Management and Water, Sewer and Drainage Charges.

Special Rate Variation (SRV) – information on the IPART approved 6.9% increase in ordinary rates from 2013-14 to 2016-17.

Hardship Assistance - if you are having trouble paying your rates we offer assistance and support to get you back on track.  

Pensioner Rebates - we provide eligible pensioners with rebate off combined rates and domestic charges up to a maximum of $250 per year. Rebates also apply to water and sewerage charges, up to $43-$75 per quarter.

Visit our Rates - Frequently Asked Questions page which contains general information on rates and how they are invested into the community.