How to pay my rates

We are currently experiencing a delay with the distribution of water accounts. Please see these Frequently Asked Question's for more information.

Paying your rates or water account

The following payment options are currently available to pay your Wyong Shire Council rates and water account:

  • Direct Debit - including weekly, fornightly, and monthly payment options and more
  • BPay - make payments direct from your phone or internet banking provider
  • Online - via our website as a registered or non-registered user by AMEX, Mastercard or Visa
  • Phone - call 1800 226 651 to pay by AMEX, Mastercard or Visa
  • In person - at our Customer Contact centre located at 2 Hely Street Wyong and Council Services Centres in three of our of libraries using cheque, AMEX, Mastercard or visa card or any branch of Australia Post (credit card not accepted at Australia Post).  All Westpac Branches are now accepting rates payments and you can pay using cheques, cash or Westpac issued cards. A $20 cash limit applies for payments at  Lake Haven, The Entrance and Tuggerah Libraries. 
  • Cheque or money order - made payable to Wyong Shire Council and posted with the payment slip at the bottom of your rates or water account.
  • Centrepay - a regular deduction program for Centrelink customers. Apply for this program by visiting the Centrepay Forms page

Financial Hardship

If you are experiencing financial hardship we can tailor a payment plan to help you get back on track so please contact our Customer Contact team on 4350 5555.

Interest on overdue accounts

Interest on overdue rates instalments is charged at 8.5% pa and is calculated daily.  Overdue water accounts are charged 8% pa and also are calculated daily.

You can avoid interest charges by paying your rate instalment or water account in full by the due dates. Or you can make regular payments such as direct debit that cover each amount before the due date of each bill.


Pensioner rebate

Eligible pensioners receive a 50% rebate off combined rates and domestic waste charges to a maximum of $250. In addition, eligible pensioners receive a rebate of up to $43.75 on their quarterly water accounts. Read more about pensioner rebates.

Buying and Selling

If you are buying or selling a property, the matter of outstanding rates is generally managed by your conveyancer.  If you are in the middle of the settlement process, check with your conveyancer before making any rates payments.

If you have purchased a property please understand it can take four to six weeks, sometimes even longer, for Council to receive notification of the change in land ownership from NSW Land and Property.  If you have concerns, contact your conveyancer.